Hunter Douglas Sonnette™ Semi-Opaque Cellular Roller Shade. Fabric/Material: Textura. Color: French Beige.
Window treatments add soft ambiance, warmth, light and privacy to any space in a variety of styles to suit your home design.
With the ability to personalize your blinds and shades with a selection fabrics in a range of colors and patterns, choosing a style that suits your needs and your home's aesthetic can be challenging. Your local, Chicago window treatment specialists at JC Licht are here to help.
Shades are made of soft fabrics that come in varying opacities, shapes, colors, textures and patterns and come in five main styles:
- Roller Shades - Flat or cellular fabric that rolls open and closed. Designer Roller Shades, Designer Screen Shades, Sonnette Cellular Roller Shades™
- Cellular Honeycomb Shades - Cellular or pleated fabric that stacks open. Duette® Honeycomb Shades, Applause® Honeycomb Shades, Pleated Shades
- Roman Shades - Fabric with horizontal folds that stack open. Design Studio™ Roman Shades, Solera® Soft Shades, Vignette® Modern Roman Shades
- Sheer Shadings & Privacy Sheers - Folded fabric vanes that rotate like blinds and appear to be floating between layers of transparent sheer material. Luminette® Privacy Sheers, Nantucket® Window Shadings, Pirouette® Window Shadings, Silhouette® Window Shadings
- Woven Wood Shades - Hand-woven fabric made from natural, light-filtering fibers, including reeds, grasses and woods. Provenance® Woven Wood Shades
The tailored appearance of Hunter Douglas shades from JC Licht offer simple elegance in any room, seamlessly complementing traditional contemporary home decor.
Hunter Douglas Applause® Semi-Opaque Honeycomb Shades. Fabric/Material: Venue. Color: Metropolis.
Shutters give the appearance of custom woodwork, elevating the warmth and luxury of your home. The vanes can be rotated up or down to accommodate privacy or natural light preferences.
Hunter Douglas plantation-style shutters available at JC Licht include the classic Heritance® hardwood shutters made with dovetail construction, Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ shutters made of a UV-resistant Polysatin™ compound, and NewStyle® hybrid shutters that combine wood and advanced engineered materials for modern, real-wood beauty.
Hunter Douglas blinds offer a modern, architectural look that is functional and cost-efficient. Wood or faux wood blinds can bring an organic feeling to your space.
Hunter Douglas blinds come in three main styles:
- Modern Precious Metal - Metal slats, often made out of aluminum, that rotate for light control and stack horizontally to open. Celebrity® blinds, Décor® blinds, Lightlines® blinds, Macro blinds, Natural Elements™ blinds and Reveal® blinds.
- Wood & Faux Wood - Wood slats that rotate for light control and stack horizontally to open. EverWood® Distinctions™ blinds, EverWood® Renditions™ blinds, EverWood® TruGrain™ blinds, Parkland® Classic™ blinds, Parkland® Scenic™ blinds, Parkland® Textures blinds and Parkland® Wirebrushed blinds.
- Vertical - Slats rotate vertically for light control and stack vertically to open. Cadence® Soft Vertical Blinds, Skyline® Gliding Window Panels, Somner® Custom Vertical Blinds, Vertical Solutions® Vertical Blinds.
Hunter Douglas Modern Precious Metals® Aluminum Blinds. Color: Jute. Inside Mounted.
Mounting will impact the aesthetic of your window treatments.
Blinds and shades can be mounted on the inside or outside of a window, depending on the depth of the window frame, protruding features, and other factors. Click here to determine if your preferred window treatment style should be inside or outside mounted in your home.
Need more information and inspiration? Collect ideas for your next window treatment project on Pinterest or consult a JC Licht Hunter Douglas window treatments expert!
While it's helpful to develop design preferences, functional considerations such as energy-efficiency, automation, UV protection, sound absorption, and child safety will also inform your window treatments decisions. To learn about 11 important considerations we recommend when planning for window treatments, click here.